The History of Shalimar Flower Shop
Shalimar Flower Shop History
Shalimar Designs was first established in 1987, providing artificial silk plants, trees and flowers, through the 10 franchise locations across Southern Ontario and Quebec. Shalimar provided a new product to the market; an alternative to real plants. This allowed the public to have the beauty of Mother Nature in their homes, without the maintenance that was usually associated with it.
However, as this market began to saturate, the Shalimar Designs located in Brampton, expanded their product line to include dried and fresh flowers; expanding their services to weddings, funerals and all sorts of occasions. In 1999, the Brampton location decided to incorporate “Shalimar Flower Shop”, separating itself from the franchise.
Currently, Shalimar provides the following services;
- Fresh, Silk and Dried Flowers
- Real and Artificial Plants
- Artificial Tree (including trees such as: palm, topiary, floral and ficus trees.)
- Funeral Arrangements, Wreaths and Casket Arrangements.
- Wedding Arrangements; (including Centerpieces, Bouquets, Hair pieces, etc.)
- Wedding/Party Rentals: (including Arches, Candle Libra, Floral Baskets, etc.)
- Baby arrangements, gift baskets, toys and products.
- Balloons (including latex, mylar balloon, with Helium)
- A wide range of vases, baskets and brass pots.
- Cards for all occasions, gifts, cherubs, ribbon, teddy bears, and more!
Our Locations and Hours of Operation
We are located at the corner of Queen St. West and Kennedy in the Kennedy Plaza. Our address is 227 Queen St. West.
We are open 7 days a week with the following hours:
Monday to Saturday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Stop by or call us at (905) 454-4202 to send flowers today!